Claim Yu the Great’s Treasure in New Mystic Orbs Slot
Are you ready to take on the dragon Ying Long to get to the treasure chamber of Yu the Great? If this sounds like your kinda mission, then stick with us as we take you on a journey with Mystic Orbs slot from ELK studios.
More features than you can shake a fire-breathing serpent at!
The action takes place on a 5×5 reel grid that’s set against a stony mountain side. The symbols are all very detailed and colorful, so they pop against the grey of the rockface. All of which means that the game looks superb on a mobile device, but admittedly, more so in vertical format.
Now when it comes to the technical side of things, we’re looking at an RTP of 95% and a volatility that’s medium. Bet limits range from €0.20 to €20, the multiplier is 10,000x while the top prize is a very decent €200,000.
OK then, let’s get into the features of this bad boy. First up are the Orbs and you get 2 types; one is a Regular Orb while the other is a Charged Orb.
Orbs are Wild and they help to create winning combos. If they don’t contribute to a win, these Orbs explode and also remove any adjacent symbols. Also, the Orbs can activate a feature in the Featured Row element on the reel above them.
If the Orb is charged, then all of the elements in the Featured Row get activated. These come in the following forms:
- Orb Siege – One of the Orb’s adjacent symbols is randomly chosen to surround the Orb
- Upgrade – All symbol types get upgraded to a higher-value one
- Multiplier – This adds the multiplier value to the total win multiplier
- Orb Payout – This pays a the value multiplied by the placed bet
- Extra Life – You get an extra symbol drop when there are no more winning combos
- Bonus – This gets you into the Bonus Game
But wait… there’s more
This game also offers Cluster Wins. A winning cluster is made up of 5 or more vertical or horizontally connected symbols that are identical. After you land one of these, they get removed and that kicks off the Avalanche feature which sees new symbols drop into the empty spaces.
The Bonus Game begins once you collect 5 Orbs (or if you trigger that feature in the Featured Row). If you collect even more Orbs during the Bonus Game, you’ll get additional free spins.
Then there’s this thing called X-iter. It doesn’t seem to be available in all territories, so if you see it, it means you have the following 5 options available:
- Feature – You’ll get 5x your bet for 1 drop, a guaranteed Orb and at least one feature
- Persistent Multiplier – 25x the bet for 3 drops with a persistent multiplier
- Charged Orbs – 50x the bet for 1 drop
- Bonus – 100x the bet and a guaranteed entry into the Free Spins Bonus Round
- Super Bonus – 500x the bet. Guaranteed entry to the Free Spins round
You’ll need to be patient to get the treasure
This is a feature-rich game, but the RTP is only barely decent and the medium volatility saw us playing for a long time before anything noteworthy happened. It’s not a game for those looking for regular excitement or payouts, but there’s nothing overtly wrong with it either.
Rather than suggesting an alternative that’s also dragon-themed, we’re gonna go with Orbs of Atlantis slot with its 1,000 Free Spins. Try ’em both, we say – you’ll only know once you play!